Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Merry Christmas from China!

I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me when I got home from school today....a package from China! I talked to A on Friday, and she said that she was sending Christmas gifts to her American family. To my surprise, it came today....much sooner than I ever expected!

She sent two scarves (one black, one maroon), a small handbag, and a stuffed monkey similar to the "Get Well Soon" cat she gave me this summer when I broke my arm. I am supposed to give them to my family members, but deciding which one to keep for myself is a difficult task! When I opened the package, I also got another unexpected gift that left me in tears....the SMELL of China!! Crazy, I know, but it brought back so many memories from my time there....the markets of Nanning....outings with my students....bartering/bargaining...long walks and quality talks....the overwhelming sense of Dad working in the lives of my friends...EVERYTHING! That was the first time I have gotten to SMELL China since July 26, 2007. I am so thankful for this unexpected gift today! Here are a few pics....

No comments: