Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
THINGS I'VE LEARNED:
1. Studying isn't ALWAYS the most important thing (shhh....don't tell my instructors). I still study....just not as excessively as I once did. I'm learning a lot and having a lot of fun too. We had a little too much fun one night at the beginning of this semester with all of our fun, new nursing equipment. I enjoy moments like these much more than studying!
2. You are never too old for "1st day of school" breakfast. It's a tradition in the Tankersley family to go out to breakfast on the first day of school. We've done this my entire life, and I wasn't planning on stopping just because I am in nursing school. Cassidy and Joan went with me this year. So fun!
3. 6:30 am clinicals are WAY WAY WAY too early! Having a 6:30 am clinical means that I have to get up super early on Tuesday mornings....like 5:00 am. That shouldn't be allowed. I'm never a happy camper when that alarm goes off at 5! I do have a great clinical group though. I don't have a pic of all of us together...I'll work on that. Here's Joan and me on the way to clinical one morning.
4. Friday Skills Lab has allowed me to get to know this wonderful chica really well. Friday is our "Physical Assessment" lab. Julie is my partner, and we take turns being patient and nurse each week. Kinda fun. It reminds me of playing doctor/nurse as a little kid; except now I get a grade for it. Kinda cool!
5. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and best friends are REALLY FUN! Several weeks ago, I made a trip to Houston to visit my best friend and my brother. It was such a great weekend. I drove spent the night with Christi Friday night...we ended up staying up till 3 am catching up. Then Saturday morning, we went to the zoo! I love going to the zoo, but I love hanging out with this great girl anymore. As I left that weekend, I realized I never knew how good I had it at A&M. It's much nicer to have your best friend 5 minutes away rather than 3 hours. Love you Christi! (My mom drove up to Houston and surprised me that weekend too. It was so great to see her. I don't have a picture though. Bummer! )