Wednesday, January 23, 2008

KEVIN GOT A LIVER!!!

Kevin got a liver!
Kevin got a LIVER!
KEVIN GOT A LIVER!!!!!!

The Associate Pastor at my church has been in bad health for a few monthes. He was put on the transplant list, but they thought a transplant could be a litle while down the road. Earlier in January while visiting his doctors in Shreveport, his health declined rapidly, and he moved to #1 on the national liver transplant list. As he was waiting in the hospital, a liver came, but Kevin was too weak to receive it; so they gave the liver to someone else. His body continued to get stronger and stronger, and Kevin still waited for a liver match. I got the phone call just now that HE GOT A LIVER!!!!

Now I am on my way back to Lufkin from College Station. I am taking his daughter, Brittany, home so that she can catch a ride to Shreveport for the surgery. Brittany was my roommate for my junior and senior years at A&M. She is a precious friend, and I love her [and her family] dearly!!

Please be lifting up this family!!
I will keep you updated!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hi Katie...

Praying for your pastor and his family...that is great news!

I saw that you and I are both on Cindy's Somali Prayer team---at least I think it's you! :o) Small world huh?

Blessing!