Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Disciple Now 2008

This weekend was great...except that I came home with the flu. I got to hang out and lead 11 of the most amazing 7th graders in the world. We laughed...we decorated t-shirts...we wore tiaras...we sang...but most of all we learned about what it means to have an unashamed, living passion for our Father! I saw so many specific things that I asked Father for concerning the weekend come to be. I am always humbled by His faithfulness.
I like to have a "mini-theme" in our 7th grade home every year since it is the girl's first Disciple Now. This year we were princesses! It came from the passage in our favorite book that says, "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God". We talked about how our most important job as "princesses" is to bring other people to our Father so that they can be "princesses" too. With that in mind, we had a M-project where we put together "Princess Packs" for some Somalian girls who don't know our Father. The girls loved learning about the Somalis and put the "Princess Packs" together with love!
I was blessed to lead and learn from my 7th grade Princesses this weekend. They are precious girls with pure, sweet hearts.

No comments: