Wednesday, April 30, 2008

San Antonio, Here I Come!

My letter from UTHSCSA came today! I got accepted to their nursing program which means that I'll be moving to San Antonio in the fall. Crazy...I never thought it would happen.

I left school around noon today to go pick up lunch for everyone and decided to stop by and check the mail. Sure enough...my letter was there! As I opened my letter, the Chris Tomlin song "God of This City" started playing on my iPod. Let me back-track for a second....back in February I went to the Passion Conference in Dallas. During one of the worship services, "God of This City" was played over us as we prayed for our campuses. I did pray for A&M and College Station, but my heart and mind kept wandering to San Antonio and the ministry with the Somalis there. I couldn't get them off of my heart and mind. Then throughout the semester, I went to SA for various reasons, and "God of This City" always played on my iPod. It became my prayer for the city, and it got me excited to be a part of what God is doing there. Having that song play as I opened my acceptance letter was just a sweet moment for me and the Lord knowing that I am walking in obedience to Him and am following His lead.
Does everything make sense right now?...no, absolutely not! Am I scared to move that far away? Yes, I am. Do I know and trust that God provides if I follow Him in obedience? YES, YES, YES! I can't wait to be a part of what God is doing in San Antonio!

Lots of emotions, but overall I am excited!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

YIPPEE!!!!!!

Cristie said...

Katie ...

Have you thought I disappeared? I haven't ... just lost in life! You have been on my mind and I got your recent comment about American Idol ... love the Cook! Anyways, got on to see the awesome news that your San Antonio bound. May the Lord bless your preparations! I am so thrilled for you! I know that that was the desire of your heart! We are blessed too knowing your coming our way! YAY YAY YAY ... Princess Dakota will be THRILLED!
So, anyways ... I am lifting you in prayer and know that I haven't forgotten about sweet Katie ... just lost in the world of parenting, being a wife and making the balance to do those things and being a friend. :-)
Love ya!
Cristie