Sunday, April 27, 2008

Reunited...at LAST!

Delightful! That's the best word I can use to describe Thursday evening....although it still doesn't say it all. Brynn and I went to dinner and just had fun catching up on the last two years of each other's lives. Three hours was definitely not enough time to completely catch up, but it was totally worth every minute of it. I just love this girl! One of my favorite things about Brynn is her heart to serve the Lord. It is so evident in everything she says and does. Because of that, I really enjoyed getting to hear how the Lord is impacting the nations through her.
Another one of my favorite things about Brynn is her fun-loving spirit! I laughed more during those three hours than I have in a long time. When I picked Brynn up, I asked her what she wanted to do. We decided on dinner and then sweet tea at Chick-fil-a. Does that surprise anyone?!?! The whole time in China I talked about craving sweet tea, and she had never had any before. I would have been a horrible friend/Texan if I didn't take her to get some good 'ole sweet tea! So...this is a classic Brynn/Katie picture. Sorry it's so blurry. It was one of the many "car pictures" we took driving around Houston trying to find a Chick-fil-a. [I'm pretty sure it was right before our N*Sync jam session!!] We FINALLY found a Chick-fil-a...in Atascocita! A little bit out of the way, but it was totally worth it! The before sweet tea pic....oh the anticipation!
And she finally tries it...SUCCESS! Brynn loved it!

This is me (obviously)...really excited that she loves sweet tea now...just like me! She finally understood why I kept talking about it in China! This is just a sampling of the pics we took. The people in Chick-fil-A thought we were crazy! Oh but it was fun!

Brynn- thanks for letting me come and hang out with you. It was so so so much fun....just DELIGHTFUL! You are one amazing friend, and I am so thankful for your friendship. Love you!

No comments: