Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Miss Brynn!

Tomorrow is going to be one exciting day! I have been looking forward to it all week. I'm leaving work early and driving to Houston to see Brynn. Brynn was one of my teammates to China in the summer of 2006. We had an instant bond that grew into an incredible friendship during our time in China.
I got a text from Brynn bright and early last Thursday morning saying she was in "my state". Side note: Everyone from my team that summer really enjoyed picking on me because I was a "typical southern belle" (so they say!) and the only one on my team from Texas. They started calling me Texas, and it caught on with the kids. So to some of my students the first summer, I was known as "Miss Texas". Anyways...Brynn was flying to Nicaragua to lead a missions team, and she is flying back into Houston tomorrow. Amazingly enough, she has almost a 5 HOUR LAYOVER before flying back to Oregon!! I decided to take off work early and meet up with her since I haven't seen her since our time together in China.

I can't wait...infact, I'm so excited I probably won't be able to sleep. Who knows what we will do during that time, but I am hoping to take her around and give her a little taste of "my state".


Miss Brynn...I'm coming to see ya!! Love you!

No comments: